I decided to share some of my goals for 2014. Some are very lofty and others I can easily do right now:
- Publish a quilt (fingers crossed)
- Create a portfolio/ submit designs to fabric houses
- Keep a minimum of $200 of merchandise in stock on my Etsy shop
- Market my Etsy shop (Bet you didn’t know I have one?!)
- Blog once a week (try to keep a schedule)
- Make more quilts and sandwiches to practice FMQ and binding
- Finish all WIPs so I can stick to Making Life Prettier’s rule of 2
- Have a perpetual scrappy binding
- Organize scraps a la Sunday Morning Quilts
- Send bee blocks early
- Use up scraps (i.e. Tone-It-Down, Catvent Quilt Along)
What quilting goals do you have this year? Did any carry over from last year?
I’m going to also share with you guys my favorite finish of this year:
The beautiful pink and orange string quilt I made for my little cousin! I cannot wait to see her smile this Christmas Eve when she opens the box :)
Good luck finishing any last minute Christmas gifts!
I’m linking up to 2013 Inspiration Palooza at The Champ Life
Once you catch the bug, it’s hard to stop envisioning your next quilt. Even if you already have three waiting in the midst! Here is a list, an on-going list I might add, that is my personal ultimate to quilt list. I am linking to other sites so you can get an idea of what I am talking about!
- Cathedral window
- Botanical appliqué
- Twistar for my sister Jessica in progress
- Gypsy quilt for my parents completed
- Sparkle punch by Elizabeth Hartman
- Checkers from Quilty
- Firefly From Quilty
- Corner store from material obsession in progress
- Friendship braid by Nicky and Pam Lintott top completed
- Christmas Modern Strip
- 25th Silver Anniversary Quilt
- Lighthouse Quilts for the twins in progress
- Curved Log Cabin (cream and soft warms)
- Repair my parents wedding quilt
- City Shops by Cherri House in progress
- City Lights by Cherri House
- Brimstone Quilt
- Corner store (patriotic) in progress
- Baltimore Album Quilt
- an autumn leaf quilt (not sure of the style)
More to Come!
What are you working on? What have you been dying to make?